Prodigy Partners, LLC is a mergers and acquisition/business brokerage firm whom represents sellers of all sizes, referral sources, and in all industries rooted in Texas. We specialize in finding quality buyers for the sellers for whom we work. Exploring the options of a merger or acquisition of a company requires a degree of confidentiality. Please see our Confidentiality/Non-Disclosure Policy in this regard.
We assist our clients throughout the entire selling process. First, we prepare a business valuation to establish the company’s range of value to determine whether or not selling your business at this time will achieve your objectives. Our team of M&A specialists, researchers and dealmakers helps our clients prepare for the future through a variety of services such as:
- Recasting your company’s financial statements and developing projections that demonstrate the company’s true market potential.
- A professional opinion of your company’s market value which establishes a baseline for evaluating offers.
- An assessment of where your business stands in the current market and how to find the best buyer.
- Consultation on growth strategies, exit strategies and deal structures that can increase sale price and after-tax proceeds.
Once an exit plan has been developed, the business is ready to be introduced to the market. Prodigy Partners, LLC uses a systematic and proven approach to bring companies to the market effectively. The following is a overview of the process from the perspective of the seller:
- Exclusive or non-exclusive representation and marketing agreement is signed with Prodigy Partners, LLC.
- Prodigy Partners, LLC prepares a Valuation Analysis to determine a realistic value range.
- Prodigy Partners, LLC prepares a detailed Confidential Business Review information package and ancillary marketing materials where appropriate to be presented to qualified buyers.
- The target strategic, financial, and/or entrepreneurial acquirers’ profile is determined.
- Using a wide network and a variety of databases to seek the best strategic buyers and investment firms, nationally and internationally based companies are sourced from proprietary and other databases, often resulting in multiple buyers.
- Prodigy Partners, LLC discretely communicates with the prospective acquirer(s) by letter, email or telephone.
- Interested parties are financially qualified and then sign Non-Disclosure/Confidentiality Agreements.
- Prodigy Partners, LLC provides each qualified acquirer with the Confidential Business Review. Facility tours and initial meetings between acquirers and clients are arranged.
- Letters of Intent (LOIs) are prepared by acquirers and presented to Prodigy Partners, LLC and the client.
- Prodigy Partners, LLC negotiates on the client’s behalf with each acquirer submitting an LOI. An LOI is executed with the prevailing acquirer.
- A due diligence information package is prepared for the acquirer and due diligence occurs.
- Prodigy Partners, LLC manages the negotiation process in coordination with our client’s attorneys and accountants to create the deal structure that’s right for the client.
- The Purchase and Sale Agreement is negotiated with the assistance of Prodigy Partners, LLC and legal counsel of the seller and acquirer.
- Closing documents are prepared and executed.
- Transaction is closed.